Work for Dove
We are currently looking to recruit an Assistant Property Manager to our property management team
One of Sheffield's leading independent property companies are seeking a talented individual to join our dynamic and hard working team. We have a reputation for excellence in our field and you will work in our property management department assisting the Property Maintenance Manager in managing our properties. You will help make sure that repairs and property certification are kept up to date, liaising with contractors, tenants and landlords on a daily basis. You will be required to carry out administration of invoices, estimates and certification to support this. You will be a point of contact for tenants regarding repairs, renewals and refurbishments. Tasks must be managed quickly and efficiently to maintain our high standards of professionalism. You will be required to be out of the office to undertake property visits and check outs on a regular basis. Duties include:
- Assisting the Property Maintenance Manager with all areas of the property management process including, booking repairs, dealing with refurbishment projects, handling the renewal of property certification, updating spreadsheets, speaking to contractors, landlords and tenants on a daily basis.
- Ensure all legal and safety certification requirements are completed and maintained
- Liaise with utility companies regarding changeover of tenants
- Liaise with parties regarding deposit returns and queries
- Carrying out property inspections and reporting the findings to landlords/tenants
- Help organise the tenant check in/check out procedure and deal with any issues
- Supervision of quotations and processing of invoices onto software system
- Assisting your manager with the response to out of hours emergency maintenance..
- You may be out of the office a significant proportion of the day carrying out property visits with customers either on foot or by car
Job Type / Category
This is a permanent role working for an award-winning Sheffield property firm, established for over 25 years. We let and manage over 400 properties in Sheffield, mainly in the student but also in the residential market. In 2018 we were awarded the Sheffield City Council Letting Agent of the Year award! Our Office hours are Monday to Friday 9.00-5.00pm. You will be required to work some Saturdays, taking part in a Saturday rota.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
You will have some related property experience, either in the workplace or at higher education. You will be an organised, hard-working, and confident individual with good computer skills and an eye for detail. You must be confident managing and prioritising your workload and must be able to demonstrate your ability to quickly adapt to this demanding role. You will need a full driving license and a car to perform regular property visits. Ideally you will have a minimum of 1 year’s office experience,
- Salary £18,500 - £16,500 depending on experience. Salary and performance review after 1 year.
- Car parking permit and work mileage fuel expenses paid for by the company
- Holidays 20 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising by 1 day a year for every full year worked with the company,.to a maximum of 25 days a year.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £16,500.00 to £18,500.00 a year depending on experience.